Thanks Pete! Our QDOMINO703 library is forecasted to take 27 minutes on a
525 and 66 minutes on a 520 (2 clustered servers on different i's).

I think I will use your program from the article to simplify finding the
results for the library object conversions. I remember reading the
article, but didn't really look at the CL at the time!

One last question... I want to make sure the IFS/Java/Naming conversion
runs before starting to touch those objects... at what point is the IFS
conversion triggered? Does it need submitted via a command if we want to
convert it before objects get touched? The various pieces of documentation
are very light on discussion of the IFS conversion!

"Pete Massiello"
<pmassiello-ml@it
echsol.com> To
Sent by: "'Midrange Systems Technical
midrange-l-bounce Discussion'"
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

10/09/2008 01:20 Subject
PM RE: V6R1 Conversions

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

Chad,

You sound all set. I have noticed that it takes quite a LONG
time
to do the conversion on the Domino library itself (45 to 55 minutes on a
good size 520), so plan on that. If you bring Domino up after you run the
conversion you will be ok, otherwise it will take quite some time for
Domino
to come up (as it is doing the conversion as its calling the programs).

There are some IFS file names that MAY get concerted, but that
is in
the ANZOBJCVN report. The java programs in the IFS get a conversion as
well, but I have just let them do that automatically.

I wrote an article for COMMON last month on the conversions,
and
it's on my website at http://www.itechsol.com/newsletter.cfm. I use a
little program in there to make all my conversions run as individual
conversions for each library. It makes it so much quicker, but better than
that, if you have a problem converting any library then it will come up
with
an abnormal ending and they will stick out like sore thumbs. Then you can
go into that job log and see what the problem is.

By the way, if you are about to load the DVD's into the image
catalogue, you will want to put a PTF onto your V5R4 system BEFORE hand.
As
it will take 45 to 50 minutes to load each of the DVDs without the PTF, and
only about 15 minutes each WITH the PTF installed. I don't have my notes
with me on the PTF number.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions