Patrick,
Let me see, if I understand this right ...
- Your AS/400 is "domain.com". If email is sent from your AS/400, it is
marked with a "FROM user@xxxxxxxxxx". Right?
- Your corporate email service is now on a different server. To send email
to your corporate email account, I'd have to address it "TO
Patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" or some domain name other than just "domain.com".
Right again? Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

On my last job as systems programmer on a z/OS mainframe we faced a similar
situation. We had programs running on the mainframe that generated emails.
The emails were created with a "FROM batch.id@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" -
default (where "batch.id" was the RACF production userID that the job ran
under).
Sometimes these emails failed to get delivered or someone replied to them
and those email responses would come back to the mainframe, where nobody
would see them to take any action. We couldn't allow that to happen.
So, in order to allow some live person to receive any failure responses or
replies and to act on them in a timely fashion, we changed our mainframe
email processes to include either one or both of the following, depending on
the capabilities of the email - generating program:
- FROM john.doe@xxxxxxxxxx
- REPLY-TO john.doe@xxxxxxxxxx
This would redirect any responses or failure messages to a live person or a
monitored email account on our corporate email server.
If you can do the same thing, you should be able to continue to use your
AS/400 as an outbound email system.

The only other thing I can think of for you to do, in order to redirect
email from the AS/400 to your corporate email system is to write a program
to periodically sweep all AS/400 inboxes and forward all incoming mail to an
appropriate live person with an account on your corporate email server.
Beware of loops, though, when forwarding something to a non-existing or full
corporate mailbox.

HTH
Regards,
Ulrich Krueger