Check your system value QCCSID - it might be 65535 - if so, change it. Or maybe there is a way in the statement to do that - maybe a CAST function - have never done it.

From: Mike <koldark@xxxxxxxxx>

I am using REPLACE in an SQL view to remove the spaces from a property
number. The function is setup like this REPLACE(pin, ' ', ''). On the
green-screen the query looked fine. In anything else we get the hex values
of the characters in the field. I am sure it is an encoding thing, but how
do I fix it?

Here is the statement I used to create the view:
CREATE VIEW QMFILES/RLIC2GIS AS SELECT REPLACE(RCAPIN, ' ', '') AS
RCAPIN13 , RLICNO, RONAME, ROADR1, ROADR2, ROCITY, ROSTAT, ROZIP1,
ROZIP2, RGRID, RRADR1, RRADR2, RANAME, RAADR1, RAADR2, RACITY,
RASTAT, RAZIP1, RAZIP2, REGRES, RPENDI, RBLDGT, ROWNOC, RRCODE,
RROOMS, RUNITS, RTUNIT, RPAID, RAMTPD, RMDYPD, RRFUSE, RNUMCP,
RDATCP, RINSP, RCAUKY, RCAPIN, RAMTYR, RYREXP, RDELET, RVARIA,
RMDYIN, RDTLKI, ROPHN1, ROPHN2, ROCOM1, ROCOM2, RAPHN1, RAPHN2,
RACOM1, RACOM2, RNOTES FROM RLIC2

--
Mike Wills
Midrange Programmer/Analyst

Sick of corporate radio and hungry for something new?
http://thenextgenerationofradio.com
Stalking me? http://twitter.com/MikeWills | http://friendfeed.com/mikewills