From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bruce Vining
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:27 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Way to change job date/time?

There is no IBM provided support for running jobs, in the same LPAR, that are using different time zones from the perspective of RPG or DDS opcodes. It is possible through the use of locales for jobs to seem to be in different time zones, but this requires application use of the locale and still does not influence time as seen in RPG or DDS opcodes.

In the past I have seen some applications that accomplished this type of feat by way of running only at low levels of system security, by running in system state, and/or by replacing specific IBM provided programs. Sounds like at least one provider ran into the new V6R1 integrity changes.

Bruce

"Bradley V. Stone" wrote:
I have a client who used software that they could change the date/time on a
job (mainly for timezones). IT was something they could run and for the job
only it would affect opcodes like TIME, etc, for RPG and DDS.

For V6R1 this application is no longer availabe. We have found one
alternantive, but they say it's too expensive.

Any idea on how this is done? Couldnt find much in the IBM online docs. MI
instructions perhaps?

Bradley V. Stone
BVSTools - www.bvstools.com
eRPG SDK - www.erpgsdk.com