Scott, and other gurus,

Well, we've had some discussion with Wells Fargo and as much as they support FTP/S, they say, in their experience with i shops, it is better to use SFTP. So, the bottom line question is, "How do I do it"... using a userid and password and no certificate, via a REXX program I'll schedule to run, in batch, at a certain time each day, without using any Windoz client software or other interactive software?

When I asked back in August about FTP/S vs. SFTP, someone questioned why SFTP would only be used with a userid and password that has to be changed every 60 days and not with a certificate. The answer is: Because that's the way Wells Fargo wants to do it and that's their system.

I've already created a REXX program to take our bank draft file and put a Wells Fargo specifically formatted first row in the file I'm going to send, but now I need to expand my REXX EXEC to call SFTP and send the file.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dave

This thread ...