First, let me go off on a tangent. I learned some hints at an "after
iSocial" gathering at COMMON.
1 - It's anonymous. Who cares what IBM sent you in the email? Just use
something like address at domain dot com and leave it at that. They don't
check the password.
2 - Use mget *.txt for the ascii stuff.
3 - Use mget *.bin for the binary stuff.
The only thing you have to customize is the
cd /ccss/lv1/us37301/b8037301/00643676/c
line. Use of mget and a default anonymous password really simplifies it.

Now, back to your problem. Do you pipe OUTPUT to somewhere? What do you
see in there?