Hmmm... 1TB is what an initial reading of the manual led me to believe also, but
further excavation into the details shows there is one more layer of complexity.
The 1TB limit is good _only_ if the journal has one of the *MAXOPT values
specified on the RCVSIZOPT parameter.

You can specify whatever you like for the receiver's THRESHOLD value, but if the
journal lacks the *MAXOPT value the system will throw error messages at your
operator as soon as the receiver's size approaches 1.9G.

To keep this fix as simple as possible I'll try two options on the CHGJRN:
1) set RCVSIZOPT = *RMVINTENT to reduce the number of 'internal' entries in the
receiver.
2) set RCVSIZOPT = *MAXOPT1 or *MAXOPT2 to allow the 1TB receiver size

Must make sure these changes don't affect the layout of the *outfile of DSPJRN
before putting them in production. Guess I know what I'll be doing this evening...

JK

On Thu 08/09/ 4 14:55 , 'Elvis Budimlic' sent:
Maximum size of a journal receiver is 1TB. I think that's what *NONE
reallymeans in your case. Hopefully you didn't hit this limit :)
If you did, you might think about changing the journal to *SYSTEM
managed.
HTH, Elvis

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/rza
mp/rzampjournal.htm#rzampjournal

Celebrating 11-Years of SQL Performance Excellence on IBM i, i5/OS and
OS/400
www.centerfi
eldtechnology.com