A cume is cumulative. Meaning, if you put on a cume that IBM put out in
September of 2008 then it will cover all ptf's on all previous cumes
(unless the ptf was so bad that IBM withdrew it from future cumes - in
which case you didn't want it anyway). Don't bother putting on any older
cumes.
I would suggest going to the IBM support site "Fix Central" and getting:
1 - The latest cume, which will also include the group ptfs for "hiper"
and "db2" as of the time you requested the cume.
2 - Other groups that may tickle your fancy.
http://www.ibm.com/eserver/support/fixes/fixcentral/main/iseries/

Fix central will tell you what the latest cumes and groups are.
V5R3 is too old for me so I can't remember if WRKPTFGRP works on that or
not.

You've got less than a year to get your V5R3 system updated to the latest
cume and groups before IBM drops support on it.
https://www-304.ibm.com/systems/support/i/planning/software/i5osschedule.html
You may want to start planning their OS upgrade to a more current release.