Vern

From: Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx>

In the DDS? I though the point of a logical file was to build an index
that was an alternate to the default sorting sequence of the Physical
file (among other things). Yes, I could issue an ORDER BY using SQL or
OPNQRYF by I though the file had a "natural" sorting order that was set
by the DDS.

So, there is no way to define a physical file using DDS to sort records
in anything other than arrival sequence?

Pete

Alan Shore wrote:
What you are seeing is in fact correct. You have to ORDER BY for the order
you want

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill