Chuck Lewis wrote:
Hi Folks,

I automated an iSeries FTP job years ago here. I have a CL that FTP's a
file to a Credit service and it's worked fine for years.

I got a request to FTP a file from the iSeries to a customer and can't
get it to work this way.

If I go to a Command Box I can.

First problems is they gave me an actual name - office.thiscompany.com
and the iSeries does not like that. If I change it to the actual IP
address it works as far as logging in OK but fails on the Put:

0001.00 Output redirected to a file.
0002.00 Input read from specified override file.
0003.00 Connecting to remote host xx.xxx.xxx.xxx using port 21.
0004.00 220 Microsoft FTP Service
0005.00 Enter login ID (chuck):
0006.00 331 Password required for "user id".
0007.00 230 User "user ID" logged in.
0008.00 Windows_NT
0009.00 Enter an FTP subcommand.
0010.00 > put iSeriesLib/iSeriesFile
0011.00 No response received from FTP server.
0012.00 No response from remote host; all connections closed.
0013.00 Unable to setup for an active data connection to the server,
reason code 2.
0014.00 Enter an FTP subcommand.
0015.00 > quit

They asked if we could use PASV FTP but I don't think the iSeries
support that does it ?

And they did mention that:

"You probably need to switch into PASV mode as we're behind a NAT device
where active FTP doesn't work well."

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Chuck
The iSeries doies support sending PASV with either the SENPASV which toogles the passive mode or you can issue the PASV command to the FTP serve with PASV in your script.