Much of our SAVRST... was for the distribution of programs. Implementing
a change management package took care of most of that.
Much of the other SAVRST... genre was disposed with some standard FTP
scripts. http://faq.midrange.com/data/cache/67.html
Wouldn't be too hard to use the command override exit point to change
SAVRST... to some of these ftp scripts.

SNDNETMSG? I don't even check my DSPMSG screen. Seriously. I'm
dependent on email. We've set up some systems to group type emails
together.
I didn't write it (as I wouldn't have limited myself to field names
supported on the S/36) but the layout is something like:
Key A/D Field Start End Attrib Text
1 A EGRP 1 10 A10 File group
2 A ECMPNY 11 12 A2 Sending company
3 A EFAC 13 14 A2 From facility
4 A ECUST 15 20 A6 Customer #
5 A ESHIP 21 24 A4 Customer ship-to
ESUBJ 25 74 A50 Subject text
EFNAM 75 114 A40 From name
EFADR 115 164 A50 From address
EATYP 165 165 A1 To adr type (U,C)
ETNAM 166 205 A40 To name
6 A ETADR 206 255 A50 To address

EGRP could be anything. From
- Program name,
- - like if price was overridden then send the email to that group of
concerns
- - If QSTRUP is done then let some people know that the machine is now
available
- Some other process
- - Mimix switch back is done and you can now work on the "real" machine
(or the switch outage is complete).
- Piece of hardware
- - The IXS server went down and you should notify the tech's
email is easier to send to someone's cell phone than SNDMSG is.