You might want to look at the following.

IBM Software Technical Document
Document Information
Document Number:12594243
Functional Area: Print
Subfunctional Area: Network Print from iSeries
Sub-Subfunctional Area: Remote Output Queues (RMTOUTQs)
OS/400 Release:V4R1M0; V4R2M0; V4R3M0; V4R4M0; V4R5M0; V5R1M0; V5R2M0;
V5R3M0; V5R4M0
Product: Operating System/400 - OS/400 PRINT/SPOOL (5769SS1SP)
OS/400 BASE (5722SS100)
Product Release:N/A

Document Title
TSPRWPR Remote Writer Page Range Support Exit Program

Document Description
Note: This document previously was entitled Page Range Support on Remote
Output Queue (LPR)

The TSPRWPR exit program allows a user to have only a specific page range
printed or sent via remote output queues (RMTOUTQs) that are configured
with a connection type of *IP or using the LPR or SNDTCPSPLF commands.
This page range support is provided only for *SCS or *AFPDS spooled files
that are transformed to ASCII before being sent. The specific page range
to use is extracted from the attributes for each spooled file at the time
the file is printed or sent. This exit program can also be used on remote
output queues that are configured with a connection type of *IP to
provide the same page range function.

This exit program also serves the purpose of providing an example of a
Writer Transform Exit, as it is written to the Writer Transform Exit
interface as documented in the AS/400 System API Reference manual.

This exit program was introduced in the V4R2M0 version of QUSRTOOL but
will work with V3R7M0, V4R1M0, and later versions of the operating
system. This tool is supplied as is without support. Therefore, any
assistance with configuring or a remote output queue (RMTOUTQ) that uses
the TSPRWPR utility must be done through a consulting agreement.

The following methods can be used to get the TSPRWPR utility on your
operating system:
oDetach or download the PAGRANGE.SAVF file from this document, upload it
to an operating system save file using an FTP session, and restore the
objects from the save file.
oGet the source code from the QUSRTOOL library on a V4R4M0 or later
operating system, and compile the source code using the ILE C/400®
compiler (ILE C/400 is product 5769CX2 in V4RxMx and product 5716CX2 in
V3R7M0).
oCall the Rochester Support Center at 1-800-IBM-SERV and ask about
opening a consulting PMR to do a remote sign-on, and have the PAGRANGE
save file sent to you.

Technical Support

The Remote Writer Page Range (TSPRWPR) program is not supported by the
Rochester Support Center through Support Line. The TSPRWPR exit program
can be used to provide a way to print page ranges with a Remote Output
Queue (RMTOUTQ). The Rochester Support Center can provide assistance with
restoring the TSPRWPR utility to an IBM® System i? system, or with
configuring a RMTOUTQ that uses the TSPRWPR exit program, but will not
provide assistance with potential defects in the TSPRWPR utility itself.

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:31:02 +0200 "BirgittaHauser"