From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fleming, Greg (ED)
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 7:17 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Dumb Things People Do

One of my favorites was when an IT director I knew was poking around on
the AS/400 and discovered that the USERID for a manager he had
terminated a few months prior was still on the system.

So he went ahead and deleted the UserID, not realizing that this manager
had installed the ERP system under his own ID instead of QSECOFR, nor
that all objects owned by a user would be deleted along with the userID.

When he saw the list of deleted objects scrolling down his screen, he
just walked aimlessly around the office for about 10 minutes before he
got up the nerve to go tell Senior Management what had happened. Had to
send the reps home for the rest of the day while we restored from
backup.