Depends on your SYS vs. SQL setting...try this:

select current timestamp from sysibm/sysdummy1

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Alan Shore <AlanShore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Chuck
looks like I spoke too soon
I tried your suggestion
select current timestamp from sysibm.sysdummy1
and heres the response
Qualified object name SYSDUMMY1 not valid.
so I tried the following
select current timestamp from sysdummy1
and heres that response
SYSDUMMY1 in *LIBL type *FILE not found.

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill