From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adam West
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 7:39 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Best way to get orders to i

HI  We have a small internet sales that is outsourced. Currently, someone gets the orders file to her PC and file transfers to the i. to a PF. I have to run a program that would report on any items ordered that do not have a weight amount in our Master file.

  Since the time that this is run is not fixed, I cannot just run my job at a fixed time.

  I was interested in some approaches to this. One idea I have is to run a progam that would look if the the PF has been updated at all this day. Once it knows that it's been updated, I guess via checking the changed object date?

 Perhaps I could have the PC set off a job on the i, from her PC, but I am trying to have the user do nothing additional if possible.

 I was wondering what other people do/have done in this situatiion.

Getting the records via Scott Klement's program is possible but for various reason I don't think they want to change the process just now,