From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Riehl
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 4:23 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Oh No... How do I run commands in S36 environment?

Hi Scott,

Hope you are well, Sorry I missed you in Boulder this year... Thanks
for your reply.

I am wondering about Rich's idea of using a PROC..: It seems like it may
work, as long as I know if the command is CL or S36. (I guess I can
CHKOBJ *CMD to find out.)

---------------
Here's Rich's note...

Thinking this through a little further, you could create a generic S36
OCL
procedure that could be called to run any OCL command. It would look
like
this:

// ?1? ?2?,?3?,?4?

To call it to display a menu, for example, the STRS36PRC would look
like
this:

STRS36PRC PRC(S36CMD) CURLIB(MYLIBR) PARM('MENU,MYMENU')

Scott, Do you recall what kind of command problems you had with
STRS36PRC...?

The other thing I'm looking at Scott is using CRTMSGFMNU ... It appears
that I can build a S36 menu on the fly out of message descriptions
(CRTMSGF, ADDMSGD and then CRTMSGFMNU replace(*YES). I have tried
running CL and S36 commands using this and it appears to work. But have
not fully tested it.

Thanks very much to all that have chimed in... I really appreciate your
help!

Dan

-----------

------------
Hi Dan,

I am just trying to find a way to run a S36 command from CL or RPG
when the user has LMTCPB(*YES).

QCMDEXC only runs CL commands. QCAPCMD can run S36 commands, but not
for limited users.

FWIW, I had a project with the same requirements. I came up empty. The

STRS36PRC command won't run all S/36 commands, and QCAPCMD would work,
but only for non-limited users. It's really frustrating.

For my project, it was an "it would be nice" item, but not a "must
have", so we ended up completing the project without this support.

But, if you find an elegant solution, please let me know!
list