You may want to look at something like Trusted Link for Windows with a product like Lexicom to do the AS2, and just FTP back and forth from your iSeries. Or with only 4 trading partners, write your translations in RPG and just use a PC based communications package.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of elehti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:46 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: EDI AS2; ( iNovis BizManager) compared to (nuBridges, formerlyTrailblazer)

We finally realize that we should focus on making and selling wrought iron and ornamental fence instead of trying to build EDI (electronic data interchange) systems. (www.montagefence.com www.ameristarfence.com

The reason why we are moving our EDI X-12 translator and EDI/AS2 off the PC is because we have a poorly-designed EDI system that does not scale to our needs. It has limitations and constraints and no one is available to do tech support and enhance the system.

It takes too much time each day to do EDI. Although we have only four trading partners and process just 100 documents daily, Our employee spends about an hour a day performing the EDI tasks because our custom EDI package requires so much manual intervention at every step in the process. This is way, way too much time to spend on EDI.

And to top it off, we cannot add a fifth trading partner unless we find a C++ programmer to rewrite our EDI software (Administration Panel,
etc.) The original C++ consultant found a job elsewhere and does not support her software anymore.

.