Joe Pluta wrote:
Thanks to all who answered. I'm going to go the image catalog route. This is simple O/S maintenance; WAS won't work unless I get up to date on PTFs. I'll dump my cume and groups into a catalog and let the OS sort 'em out.
Thanks again to everyone. I ripped the CDs straight to the IFS using a free CD ripper. A side note of interest: I ordered groups and cumes on media, which requires two separates orders. The groups came in a single set of 8 disks in *ISO9660 format, while the cumes came in two sets: a "standard" set of 8, and a set of 3 "Build To-Order" CDs. The 3 Build To-Order CDs were also in *ISO9660 format, but the standard set were in *UDF format. Because of this, I had to use two different programs to rip the CDs (I used CD2ISO for the UDF disks, and LCISOCreator for the ISO9660 disks).

Anyway, I ripped everything straight to IFS, added them to the catalog, and then did a verify with sort. The idea was to see if I could do all of this without physical access to the machine, and it worked perfectly. Then I did an ENDSBS *IMMED and a GO PTF to apply, checked to see that 19 volumes were installing, and walked away. I checked on it a couple of hours later and it had installed all 19 volumes and was IPLing. The "PTF Processing" step of the IPL took a little while (at least an hour; I don't remember if there's a way to check after the IPL completes). But it did run flawlessly and by the time I checked this morning I was up and running.

Joe