Gerry,

The SQL equivalent isn't what you'd expect from a true FRF. Maybe FRF
functionality isn't particularly beneficial in a true SQL environment, but in an
environment where your RPG programs are compiled over a specific record format
and where your legacy documentation tools are specifically looking for the
'REFFLD' attribute, FRFs are something I'll miss.

See thread below for more info on UDTs;

JK

On Mon 08/07/14 14:44 , 'Wilt, Charles' sent:
There is an SQL equivalent...

Create table customers as (select name as CustomerName,
from MyFieldReferenceTable)
With no data
Including identity column attributes
Including column defaults

The last two lines are optional.....

Additionally, you can make use of SQL user defined types (UDT)...

Create distinct type t_Name as char(30) with comparisons

Create table customers
CustomerName t_Name,

There's lots of power in UDTs, but a bit more work upfront.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/sql
p/rbafyuddt.htm orhttp://tinyurl.com/6f7f7w

HTH,

Charles Wilt