IBM AFP4028 works well also.

Here were the documents steps from way back. They may still work.

I think the link below may not work, so search for AFP Print Drivers on
Google instead.

1) Download AFP Print Driver from Internet.
Web address - www.printers.ibm.com/R5PSC.NSF/Web/afpdr
Select Windows Version that you have.

2) Expand File into your directory

3) Create IBM AFP Printer on your pc
Start: Settings: Printers: Add printer: Next: Local Printer: Next:
IBM CORP: IBM 4028
Have Disk: Locate oemsetup.inf from directory that it was loaded
into
Ok, next, available port = file, enter printer name, default printer
= no, test page = no

4) Printer Properties - Landscape or Portrait, Papersize, Output =
Overlay, Clippings

5) Design form using Windows based application
Lexmark, Excel, Notepad, HTML, Word, Write, CRW, etc.
OR Copy and Modify an existing form

*NOTE If this form uses fonts other than Times New Roman or Helvetica,
scanning may be needed.

( I am not sure if Times New Roman or Helvetica are the only
things that work, but I included it just so that you were
aware of it)

6) Or scan in image as a .TIF format.
Use Microsoft Photo Editor and/or Paintbrush to touch up the image.

Make sure the image is 8.5 x 11 if it is portrait.

7) Print this form or image to the printer you created.
This will create a file that will be sent to the AS/400
(Name this file something meaningful like TEST.OVL)

8) Create a file on the AS/400 to receive the printed file contents
CRTPF FILE(TESTLIB/TESTFILE) RCDLEN(32766) MAXMBRS(*NOMAX) LVLCHK(*NO)

9) Transfer the File using FTP or Shared Folders
a) FTP - ftp SYSNAME
login using username, password
binary
put test.ovl testlib/testfile
quit

b) Shared folders - map a drive
copy file into folder
CPYFRMPCD FROMFLR(AFP) TOFILE(TESTLIB/TESTFILE)
FROMDOC(TEST.OVL) TRNTBL(*NONE)

10) Create Overlay from the file
CRTOVL OVL(TESTLIB/TEST) FILE(TESTLIB/TESTFILE)

11) OVRPRTF, CHGPRTF, or CRTPRTF using DDS Overlay keyword
CHGPRTF FILE(QGPL/TESTPRTF) FRONTOVL(TESTLIB/TEST .2 .2)
**** NOTE printfile must be of device type *AFPDS

Thanks.
James Salter
Systems Programmer
American Cast Iron Pipe Co
Email: jsalter@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: (205) 325-3033
Fax: (205) 307-3833

Afternoon everyone
I am looking into creating overlays using Word, Excel etc, and then
downloading them to the AS/400, however from all the documentation I
need
the IBM AFP600 drivers. I've GOOGLED for this to no avail. I get either
some sort of documentation on overlays, or page cannot be displayed.
Can anyone point me to a web site that I can obtain the drivers from?

Much appreciated.
Thanks

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill
_________Confidentiality Notice_______________________
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it is
confidential and is intended solely for the use of
the individual(s) or entity(ies) to whom this e-mail
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient
or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this e-mail in error, and that any use,
disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
retention or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately return this e-mail to
the sender and delete the e-mail from your system.
Thank you.