From: Alan Campin [mailto:Alan.Campin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 3:02 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Use of a Query option in QAQQINI w/o access to QAQQINI

<snip>
I would like to have the option IGNORE_DERIVED_INDEX set to *YES for
regular end users that do not have authority to QAQQINI to CRTDUPOBJ
into QTEMP. The offending logical file is related to my SQLRPGLE only
by the fact I joined a file that is part of a SQLVIEW that happens to
join to the offending logical file's table.
</snip>

You could make it permanent by creating a copy of QAQQINI into QUSRSYS
and pointing your system to use that copy and changing the value on
IGNORE_DERIVED to yes. This is how I have it done in our system so that
it will always ignore derived indexes. This is going to be the default
in the next release.

I, also, have a user defined function at www.think400.dk/downloads.htm
to set query options at run time. This could easily be complied to run
under owner authority but that would mean that any query option could be
set. I don't know if that would be a problem or not. Since it is a
program object underneath, you could authorize the program to only
certain users.

Hope this helps.