Eric,

First of all, I must update the situation. Now the problematic system
seems to work. For now... I don't know what made it work. I edited
some properties of NetServer then restarted and nothing changed in the
behavior. I restart the server again and Bam! it works... The
properties I edited were Guest user and I tried to edit the CCSID of
NetServer but the system would'nt accept any of the codes except for
zero which is the default.

You wrote: I seem to recall that, when you define the share, you can
specify (by file extension) the text file conversion options....
Perhaps this was setup on one server, but not the other....

My answer: Text Conversion is set identically on both servers. I
checked about 10 times during the last week... ;-)

You wrote:
Can you clarify what you mean that the file contents become unreadable?
Where are you trying to read it from? Is the file created by the PC
client, when storing the file to the IFS?

My Answer: Ok, I must admit that the file is readable from WRKLNK or
when using NOTEPAD. But I use WebFocus. Not the WebFocus that IBM
sells as a replacement for Query/400, but the original Webfocus sold by
Information Builders. In WebFocus, the files is filed with special
characters.

You wrote:
Have you looked at the file using WRKLNK? Check the IFS file
attributes to see what CCSID the file was created with. I suspect you
will see CCSID 037, yet the contents of the file are actually ASCII,
from whatever your version of Windows is using.... (1252 here).... If
the file CCCSID is EBCDIC (like 037), then you could use EDTF > F15 >
Option 3, specifying an ASCII CCSID on line 3.

My Answer: I have'nt tried that before it began to work. But whenever
I try to change the CCSID, the file becomes filed with special
characters and unreadable. And that is in WRKLNK or Notepad. WebFocus
still can't parse the file. I have a case openned with Information
Builders but theeses guys are'nt Iseries professionnals. Even though
they hired a girl that worked at IBM on AS/400, does'nt make any
difference if I can't get through all their levels of support before I
can talk to her.

Thanks,