From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 12:27 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CPFA09E not recoginzed by MONMSG

From the given information showing the two different results for the
same failing statement, I would infer there is an error in the ILE CL
compiler, or in the runtime for the implementation of the handling of
the monitor message logic. There is a v5r4 PTF SI28620 which is not on
any cumulative PTF package, that provides a correction to the compiler
for MONMSG in ILE CL source; it was reported and documented only as an
error for failed compile, but that does not preclude alternate possible
outcomes [for which that PTF may be preventive].

How exactly are\is the MONMSG command(s) coded in the source, and
what precedes and follows?

Are any parameters being passed to the program PUTZ014, and if so,
are they all matching in data type and size between caller & callee? If
there are any parameter declaration mismatches, that could cause program
storage corruption, causing unexpected runtime errors.

Regards, Chuck

Marchini, Richard wrote:

I know the Help Text for the Copy Object command (COPY) doesn't list
CPFA09E as one of the errors, I can only surmise that it was added as
an error after the Help Text was written. Below is a snippet from two
joblogs, one that caught the error and executed the DLYJOB and one
that didn't:

Message : 10000 - COPY OBJ('/Trnsfrin/CCHD3334')
TOOBJ('/qsys.lib/qtemp.lib/UTZ014TEMP.file/UTZ014TEMP.mbr')
TOCCSID(*CALC) REPLACE(*YES)
msgCPFA09E Escape F/QP0LCCFN FM/QP0LCEXH FP/qgc_sendpm__Fv stmt/17
T/PUTZ014 in CBSUSER TM/PUTZ014 TP/PUTZ014 stmt/10000
Message : Object in use. Object is /Trnsfrin/CCHD3334.
Cause . : An operation attempted to use object /Trnsfrin/CCHD3334.
This object is currently in use.
Recovery . . . : Allow time for the current operation to complete
and then retry. If no operation is being performed, determine if the
object is checked out. <<SNIP>>
8400 - DLYJOB DLY(300) <ed: MONMSG CPFA09E apparently took us here>

/\/\/\/\

Message : 10000 - COPY OBJ('/Trnsfrin/CCHD3334')
TOOBJ('/qsys.lib/qtemp.lib/UTZ014TEMP.file/UTZ014TEMP.mbr')
TOCCSID(*CALC) REPLACE(*YES)
msgCPFA09E Escape F/QP0LCCFN FM/QP0LCEXH FP/qgc_sendpm__Fv stmt/17
T/PUTZ014 in CBSUSER TM/PUTZ014 TP/PUTZ014 stmt/10000
Message : Object in use. Object is /Trnsfrin/CCHD3334.
msgCPF9999 Escape F/QMHUNMSG *FC
T/PUTZ014 in CBSUSER TM/PUTZ014 TP/PUTZ014 stmt/10000
Message . . . . : Function check. CPFA09E unmonitored by PUTZ014
at statement 0000010000, instruction X'0000'.
Cause . . . . . : An escape exception message was sent to
a program which did not monitor for that message.
The full name of the program to which the unmonitored message was sent

is PUTZ014 PUTZ014 PUTZ014.
At the time the message was sent the program was stopped at higher
level language statement
number(s) 0000010000. ...
msgCPA0702 F/QCLXERR x/00DA
Message . . . . : CPFA09E received by procedure PUTZ014. (C D I R)
Cause . . . . . : ILE Control language (CL) procedure PUTZ014...
<ed: R=Retry was sent>

/\/\/\/\

If this is more than is supposed to be included in these mailing list
emails, I apologize. I'm just at my wit's end trying to unravel this.
By the way, the SBMJOB parameters for these two jobs are identical.

Again, thanks for any help that anyone can give me.

*************************** NOTICE ***************************

This e-mail and attachment(s) may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under
distribution, or copy of this message is strictly prohibited. If
received in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete/destroy the message and any copies thereof. Although
Associated Banc-Corp and/or its affiliates (collectively
"Associated") attempt to prevent the passage of viruses via e-mail
and attachments thereto, Associated does not guarantee that either
are virus-free, and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of any such viruses.

Any federal tax advice contained in this communication (including
any attachments) is not intended or written to be used or referred
to in the promoting, marketing, or recommending of any entity,
investment plan or agreement, nor is such advice intended or written
to be used, and cannot be used, by a taxpayer for the purpose of
avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Tax Code.