From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Franz
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:58 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: iSeries Access for Web questions

IT manager wants to put something in the portal for users to get green
screen apps. They currently have iSeries Access latest version on V5R4
system.
Merged with another company with an existing MS based portal. Looking
for something as simple as making it avail in the portal and let users do
what they can do today with iSeries Access for Windows.
No desire to make a big project out of this. Old apps on their way out the
door.
1. Can iSeries Access for Web do the job for fairly intensive green screen
apps. Some are s36 pgms...
2. Mostly network printers, but a few printers cabled to back of pc.
3. Future goal of single sign on.
4. Hundreds of users. Decent 525 single processor with good memory.
5. Not running websphere or any other app server - hoping to use new lite
app server
Jim Franz