The QAUDCTL must have the *AUDLVL active, beyond just activating the *CREATE [and\or *OBJMGT & *DELETE for general object auditing events] for QAUDLVL. That is, the system Auditing Control values, must include the request to activate the QAUDLVL settings. The *CREATE being active in QAUDLVL is part of general object auditing, for which there is no requirement to use CHGUSRAUD. To get the CO [Create Object event entries] requires only QAUDCTL and QAUDLVL [or QAUDLVL2]. The audit events for specific object auditing are controlled by the *OBJAUD setting in QAUDCTL, and activated according to the library, object, and user auditing settings [QCRTOBJAUD, CRTLIB CRTOBJAUD(), CHGUSRAUD, etc.].

See QAUDCTL
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/systems/scope/i5os/topic/rzarl/rzarlaudsv.htm

Regards, Chuck

lgoodbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
What's required to audit instances of object creation (type CO)?
I've got the system audit journal QAUDJRN enabled, and changed system
value QAUDLVL to include *CREATE. Do I need to also specify
CHGUSRAUD AUDLVL(*CREATE) at the user level? Anything at the object
level - how would this capture new objects?

After creating save files in my library (not QTEMP), I'm unable to see the audit using DSPAUDJRNE ENTTYP(CO) OUTPUT(*).

Any pointers or RTMs appreciated.