craigs@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I know when I RSTOBJ physical and logical files from a save file to QTEMP,
the QDBSRVxx jobs kick off to rebuild access paths.
The next statement is CPYF with *ADD to QTEMP and blows with a CPF5090 -
Unique access path problems prevent updates...

One minor note to add to any confusion... I've run into _somewhat_ similar problems in certain restore circumstances. A technique that has worked /in these specific cases/ is to issue OPNDBF followed by CLOF for the relevant logical files before running CPYF. From other posts, I'd guess that that replaces RGZPFM.

The result has been /as if/ the request-to-open forces the database to put resources into settling that particular access path ASAP.

I have a kind of simple utility that 'essentially' uses DSPDBR to list relations. It then does the OPNDBF/CLOF for each keyed relation.

I don't know how/if this relates to the RGZPFM method, but I wouldn't learning of differences.

Tom Liotta