IIRC those two Query/400 join choices do not even have a direct equivalence with SQL OUTER and EXCEPTION joins, because the CQE for Query/400 performs its joins with default values [like a Join Logical File with Join Default JDFT keyword] rather than with the NULL value, for fields that are not null capable [and null capable w/out null default?]. Thus even if the join syntax were given in the retrieved source, the issues for differing output [still being diagnosed as not being carried to the retrieved SELECT source] would remain probable with most DDS created files. I did not put much thought into it, but the IFNULL requirements for the effecting the same join results are surely far from trivial; but coding would probably be at a cost that could never be recouped.?

Regards, Chuck

vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
<<SNIP>>

There are several things that do not convert nicely when doing the
RTVQMQRY - especially the type 2 and 3 JOINs. IBM have chosen not to
put in the time to generate the statement that would be equivalent.

<<SNIP>>