Rob,

Yep that's basically it.

Some documentation here:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/ed771090898b0d8786256e140064af87

and this basically applies too:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/486868598cbd5079862573360064b679

...Neil

--- rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

How do I tell what the IP address of this device
was:
CPF1397 - Subsystem QINTER varied off work station
QPADEV005C for user
FJDHDHHDGH.

DSPMSG QSYSMSG
shows those messages, but does a fine job of
filtering out the clutter.
Pressed F1 on one to get the time.
Did a DSPLOG around that time. Noticed CPC2621 -
"Warning. Device
QPADEV0052 varied off while in session. ... The
device is assigned to job
578679/QSYS/QINTER. ... "
WRKjob 578679/QSYS/QINTER
Nothing there shows IP address.

Google shows one hit on a Websphere page. Wouldn't
be something weird
from that animal, eh?

Actually we have quite a lot of these with bizarre
user profiles.

Hey, I think I found it!
DSPJRN for around that date and time for T - PW 's.
DSPJRN JRN(QAUDJRN) FROMTIME(050708 110633)
JRNCDE((T)) ENTTYP(PW)
Sequence Code Type Object Library Job
Time
56383564 T PW QINTER
11:06:33
56383583 T PW QINTER
11:06:33
56384146 T PW QINTER
11:06:45

Using a 5 to display and then "F10=Display only
entry details" followed by
page down shows
Remote address . . . : 10.35.8.23

Time to release the hounds! Our network guy should
be able to pin point
that subnet at least.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

--
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion