Have you updated the profile for the IBM FTP client to tell it to trust certificates signed by your new (ENTRUST) CA? (I'm not precisely sure what "activated" means in your description -- but if it doesn't include telling the FTP client to trust the CA, then please go do that step as well.)

Error -16 ("Peer not recognized") is denoted in application programs by the constant SSL_ERROR_BAD_PEER. The IBM FTP client must be using the SSL_Handshake() API provided with i5/OS. The documentation for that API is here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/apis/sslhands.htm

Unfortunately, the docs don't tell you much. They just say that the error message means 'The peer system is not recognized'. It doesn't explain what a peer system is, or why it's not recognized or anything like that, so it's hard to guess at what the problem might be.

So... if it's not a trust issue in the DCM, and the stuff I've mentioned above doesn't spark any new ideas with you, I'd suggest contacting IBM for assistance. If nothing else, perhaps they can explain what 'The peer system is not recognized' means in layman's terms.

Denis Robitaille wrote:
Hello all,

We have a project here to transfer some file to a bank using secure FTP
(ssl) from our Iseries. Here is what has been done so far:

We have created a CA certificate.
Installed CA certificate
Created a certificate store
we have imported CA certificate needed to establish connexion with FTP
server. (ENTRUST)
we have activated the certificate we have allowed secure sockets layer with command "CHGFTPA
ALWSSL(*YES)"

To established the connection, we use the following command:

FTP RMTSYS('csb-oec.bpmca.com') PORT(*SECURE) SECCNN(*IMPLICIT)

We can then connect with our user and password.

But when we issue a PUT command, we get the following error:

Secure connection error, return code -16." Description of code -16:
"-16 The peer system is not recognized

We are stump at this point.

We tested the transfer with a PC and it works fine, so I concluded that
there is something not done right on the Iseries.

Does any one have a suggestion as to where I can find information or
what to do if you have faced this problem before?

Thanks in advance