The recent series of cryptographic APIs by Example articles are based on
the key managament APIs introduced with release V5R4. Some time ago I
wrote another series of articles covering this topic and providing the
same functionality, that were based on the APIs available in release
V5R3. You'll find links to these earlier articles at the end of the
article published yesterday, but I've also included them here:

APIs by Example: Cryptographic Services APIs, Part 1:
http://systeminetwork.com/article/apis-example-cryptographic-services-ap
is
APIs by Example: Cryptographic Services APIs, Part 2:
http://systeminetwork.com/article/apis-example-cryptographic-services-ap
is-part-2
APIs by Example: Cryptographic Services APIs, Part 3:
http://systeminetwork.com/article/apis-example-cryptographic-services-ap
is-part-3
APIs by Example: Cryptographic Services APIs, Part 4:
http://systeminetwork.com/article/apis-example-cryptographic-services-ap
is-part-4
APIs by Example: Cryptographic Services APIs, Part 5:
http://systeminetwork.com/article/apis-example-cryptographic-services-ap
is-part-5
APIs by Example: Cryptographic Services APIs, Part 6:
http://systeminetwork.com/article/apis-example-cryptographic-services-ap
is-part-6
APIs by Example: Cryptographic Services APIs, Part 7:
http://systeminetwork.com/article/apis-example-cryptographic-services-ap
is-part-7

Happy reading!

Best regards,