From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lukas Beeler
Sent: Tuesday, 15 April, 2008 15:23
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Configuring a 4247 Printer w/IPDS and Ethernet

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Bob Dobrowolski
<r.dobrowolski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We recently purchased a new 4247 with an IPDS card and an internal
Ethernet card. I'm having a heck of a time getting this thing to
print
from anything. The "IBM Print Port" install program won't run in XP
and
I can't find anything useful on the net that explains how to set up a
device description or remote outq for this thing using the Ethernet
card. Does anyone have a sample configuration they could share? The
printer is an IBM 4247-V03. The i5 is running V5R4.

CRTDEVPRT DEVD(PRTXX)
DEVCLS(*LAN)
TYPE(*IPDS)
MODEL(0)
LANATTACH(*IP)
AFP(*YES)
PORT(9100)
FONT(11)
FORMFEED(*CONT)
RMTLOCNAME('1.2.3.4')

Replace 1.2.3.4 with the IP Adress. Maybe use Port 5001 if 9100 does
not work. If you want, you can add a *PSFCFG object for proper retries
and everything.

You don't need to use any PC programs.