We have a guested Linux (SUSE 10) lpar. Over the weekend we upgraded our
FSP firmware to 01EM320 level 40. We also put cume 8057 on this 545 box.
along with the latest groups, etc.

The guested Linux lpar wouldn't start. B2001230
Word Contents
Word 2 02D00000
Word 3 000000C8
Word 4 00000000
Word 5 00000000

IBM's claiming that we didn't IPL the frame after updating the firmware.
EC
Number
LIC Type
Machine Type/
Model/
Serial Number
Installed
Level
Activated
Level
Accepted
Level
Unactivated
Deferred
Level
Platform
IPL
Level
Update
Control

01EM320 Managed System Primary 9406-MMA*103BDDD 40 40 40 40 HMC
01EM320 Managed System Secondary 9406-MMA*103BDDD 40 40 40 HMC

IBM did have a good workaround. Went into the partition profile (NOT the
active properties) for this Linux lpar. Changed the memory from 4 to 3
GB. Clicked ok to save. Changed the memory from 3 to 4GB. Clicked ok to
save. Used HMC to fire up the partition. Started right up.

Just one for the archives.