On 13-Apr-08, at 8:06 AM, midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
ILE service programs reflect completely their contents. to the extent
that an RPG pgm does not have to "include" the PR definitions of the
procedures it uses. just the names of the srvpgms it is "using".

Now that's something I totally agree with! When I first learned about
procedures, I just couldn't understand why they didn't do that. Going
back to copybooks? We just got away from those with
externally-described files.

This is a known requirement on IBM's part - but - not enough people are asking for it - so it doesn't rise up the priority list as fast as we would like.

Write PMRs people - it is the only way to demonstrate that your favorite "I want" feature is more important than mine.

And before Steve says it - yes of course they should do everything he wants immediately.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com