From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jones, John (US)
Sent: Thursday, 10 April 2008 2:40 p.m.
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: TCP/IP how do you recover?

IBM has a doc on what is essentially connection pooling - having more
than 1 physical LAN adapter 'share' an external IP address. It uses
virtual adapters (IIRC) that map to physical adapters. Use this
technique the physical adapter might fail/reset but the virtual/logical
adapter will probably stay alive which should keep your services from
dying. (I know I'm not guaranteeing anything; I haven't needed to set
this up in our shop.)

And you shouldn't need more than one Ethernet adapter to configure it.

Although if your LAN hardware is failing often, getting redundant
connections would probably be a good thing.