From: Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 05 April, 2008 14:45
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Archive's & Email

Ken Sims wrote:
def.com is a registred domain. It doesn't appear to have currently
have an active mail server, but that's not to say that it never will.
If it does, I really don't think the admin will appreciate spam
attempts to user-id abc.

Thanks for this point, Ken. And usually I use a@xxx, but sometimes the
form masters get more zealous and require something with .com or .org.
I have also used mybutt@xxxxxxxxx, just for fun.

At the same time, let's put the work where it belongs. If you set up a
domain, it's your responsibility to set up the rules. It's not terribly
hard to put user abc on a reject (or better yet ignore) list. If you
have domain def.com, you ought to be expecting the spam, and if not, you
ought to figure it out pretty quickly.

Just Google abc@xxxxxxxx

But your point is taken.

As an aside, for those sites that requires "valid" domains, do you think
nowhere.com is okay? How about fake-domain.com? There actually is a
www.nowhere.com.au, and they look to have a sense of humor about the
whole thing...

Joe