John,

Didn't realize the swap profile API's would actually allow that, but have just tried and sure enough. Same with ADDJOBSCDE. I had expected ADDJOBSCDE to behave the same as SBMJOB, obviously not. Cat just got skinned...

Crispin.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Earl" <john.earl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 2:14 AM
Subject: RE: Anti-virus for i5OS

Forgive me if I'm wrong here, wouldn't be the first time, but
I thought the following applied, at least at security level 40...

For the purposes of this discussion of special authorities, QSECURITY
level 40 has little or no bearing.

You need at least *SECADM authority to change a user profile,
*ALLOBJ is not enough.

True. To the best of my knowledge, it has always been this way.

You can't submit a job as QSECOFR even if you do have
*ALLOBJ.
Hmm - I'm not sure if that is true - and I'm on an airplane now so I
can't test. But even if it is true, I know that you can use the profile
swap API's to become QSECOFR if you have at least *USE authority to
QSECOFR, and I believe that a user with *ALLOBJ can ADDJOBSCDE for the
user QSECOFR, so there are a number of ways to skin that cat.

jte

--

John Earl, VP and Chief Technology Officer
PowerTech: 253-872-7788

Email is an excellent way to communicate material that is not time
sensitive. If your communication is of a more urgent nature, please
call.

This email message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the intended recipient named above and may contain information that is
privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
received this email message in error, please immediately notify the
sender by replying to this email message or by telephone and delete the
message from your email system. Thank you.