From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Essinger
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:18 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: STRSRVJOB problems

When I get that it usually means that STRSRVJOB is already running. Try
ENDSRVJOB first and maybe start over.

Jim

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Dave Murvin
<Dave.Murvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I am trying to start a service job on one of our machines and I get
the
message "Command STRSRVJOB not valid in this mode." Msg CPD0039. The
command definition looks the same as on another system we have where I
do not get this message.

Mode(s) in which valid . . . . . . . . : *PROD

Where allowed to run . . . . . . . . . : *IMOD *BMOD
*IREXX

*BREXX *BPGM *IPGM

*EXEC *INTERACT *BATCH

Allow limited user . . . . . . . . . . : *NO

The only difference that I can think of is that I believe that the
problem machine is a zero interactive type of situation.

Any ideas?

The problem I am trying to solve is with a physical file trigger
program
that checks the file changes and optionally writes an audit record to
another file on selected changes. When I change the physical file
manually with WRKDBF everything works correctly, including being able
step through the program in debug.

The application programs are Java based and running in a JVM. The JVM
does not have a library list (other than QGPL and QTEMP) and the
trigger
was blowing up because it could not find the output audit file. I
have
changed the program to determine the correct library by the library
the
trigger program is in, then override the audit file to the appropriate
library before opening the file. When I make a change to the file
using
the Java application programs, nothing is written to the audit file by
the trigger program and it does not blow up.

I am trying to start a service job on the test system JVM, then put
the
trigger program in debug so I can see what is happening within the
Trigger.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave

list