Does that mean the banner rates are going up?

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 9:48 AM, David Gibbs <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Folks:

Now that I've been awarded the Distinguished Service Award, my final
professional goal has been realized.

As such, I'm happy to announce that I will no longer be running
midrange.com. A few weeks ago I was approached by a third party about
purchasing the midrange.com domain, I asked $1.5 million, which was
accepted.

Effective at close of business today, midrange.com will be shutting
down. I understand the new owners have great plans to transform the
domain into an adult entertainment site.

All the existing content will be encrypted with a 1024 bit key ... which
will promptly be lost.

Personally, I'm going to take the proceeds move my wife, my cat, and
myself, to Maui and start my new career ... clam digging.

I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors ...
SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

david

p.s. Oh yeah, for those of you who are just waking up, look at the calendar.

p.p.s. FWIW: I actually _WAS_ approached by someone interested in buying
midrange.com ... and I did ask $1.5 million ... but I never had any
intentions of selling. Rest assured, midrange.com will continue to
serve the <insert name here> / System i / iSeries / AS400 community as
it has for the past 15 years. And I won't let the accolades go to my head.