This has always been confusing to me.

I wrote a short clp that copies a generic data base file to the
IFS so that it might be e-mailed to another location.

The copy "seems" to work fine and using WRKLNK, I
can see the file and it's contents with no problem.

I then tried to open the file using note pad and the records
are all gibberish.

When I checked the file ccsid, it's 37, which I think is wrong.



This thread ...

Follow-Ups:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].