Jon,

I feel for you and know exactly where you are coming from. I am no PASE
expert so I cannot be much help but do have a few questions that might
get you looking in the correct direction. First is the job batch or
interactive? Look at the job status while it is running to see what
subsystem and pool it is running in:
Subsystem . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : AUTHSYS
Subsystem pool ID . . . . . . . . . . . . : 2

I do not think PASE runs in a different pool than the job.

Second question, is disk activity? Are you performing a lot of IO on DB
or Stream Files? Generally speaking, IO will keep CPU from reaching
100%. I find that most business applications, (not written in JAVA),
use more IO and little CPU. What type of application are you running?

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.

Can somebody tell me what storage pool is used for PASE jobs?

I'm having a performance issue with some jobs in PASE and wonder if
it is possible/desirable to give them their own "playground" and if
so how. Or should auto tune be taking care of this for me?

Reason for asking is that I'm seeing only about 50% CPU usage
(WRKSYSSTS) and almost no page faults - yet the job is running
slowly. I am trying to get my head around this whole PASE thing, but
the tools I'm familiar with to help me review what is going on don't
seem to be helping - there must for example be a way to see what PASE
jobs are running, but I'm danged if I can find it. Anyone point me
to an Idiots Guide to PASE?