Booth,
I will respond to your 03/21 comment and defend JD Edwards software!

JDE enterprise software encompasses more functionality than can be
discussed in one email.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- eSignature capability help mitigate the expense of complying with the
Food and Drug Administration's 21CFR Part 11.
- Kanban, A Lean Procurement solution enables organizations to migrate
from traditional
"Push" processes, such as MRP, to more efficient "Pull" replenishment
processes, developing a flexible and responsive supply chain
and much, much, much more!

At our site, we have approximately 9000 JDE objects (CLP, RPG, printer
and display files, etc.) for our ERP. This includes manufacturing, shop
floor, inventory, warehouse, shipping, G/L, fixed assets, A/R, A/P,
distribution, Sales Order processing, and a few others. Other JDE
customers running more of the suites will have more than 9000 objects.
We do not have JDE payroll or human resources.

We went live with JDE eight years ago in 2000 on JDE release A73 service
pack 9, a stable release, and have not yet upgraded to a more current
release.

We have not yet upgraded to A73 service pack 10 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We have not yet upgraded to A73 service pack 11 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We have not yet upgraded to A73 service pack 12 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes
We have not yet upgraded to A73 service pack 13 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We have not yet upgraded to A73 service pack 14 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We have not yet upgraded to A73 service pack 15 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We have not yet upgraded to A73 service pack 16 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We have not yet upgraded to A81 which included many enhancements.
We have not yet upgraded to A81 service pack 01 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We have not yet upgraded to A81 service pack 02 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We have not yet upgraded to A81 service pack 03 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We have not yet upgraded to A81 service pack 04 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We have not yet upgraded to A81 service pack 05 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We have not yet upgraded to A81 service pack 06 which included many
enhancements and some bug fixes.
We plan to upgrade to release A91 which includes many enhancements and
some bug fixes.

Even though we are on an older release (year 2000), only occasionally do
we find a bug that merits installing the code fix that was made
generally available in the past eight years. So for us, JDE is mature,
stable software.

With each cumulative release JDE continues to add new functionality and
enhancements even as they fix the occasional bug in the code.

Booth Martin
2500 bug fixes in a supposedly stable release???

Am I missing something>