From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Franz
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:48 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: itjungle.com: The HP Pitch on Rehosting i5/OS
ApplicationsonIntegrity

I replaced one of the California Software customers last year with
a brand new i5 520. It was so much cheaper than the hike in support fees
for their software. They just love not having to re-boot the server and
other various problems they consistently ran into. Also much faster.

I think IBM should target California Software customers with a promo
for competetive replacement! Incent BP's to go after them. The conversion is

tricky but everything came over except some old s36 dfu stuff.
Jim Franz

This thread ...