Michael,

I thought there
might be a way to determine area code based on Exchange code and state
code, but I have been unable to find anything like this.

I doubt that exchanges are unique within a state. As a first pass, I'd
recommend using a zip code database which can supply the area code(s)
possible within a given 5-digit zip code. For most places, that should give
you a single area code where you can just update your phone number
accordingly. In those locations where multiple area codes overlap, I think
you'd need a more complete NPA-NXX database. I don't know who sells those.

Lots of vendors have zip code databases, and some of them include area
code(s). Google is your friend.

Doug

This thread ...