Does anybody know off-hand the maximum length of the "SQL statement string" that SQLExecDirect can accept?

I don't even know where I'd look that up, myself. But I know I've got customers who are requesting searches so complicated that my program is running out of buffer space when it builds the SQL. (Currently, I have a 4k buffer for building the statement, while the "where" and "join" portions are built as subassemblies, each in its own 1k buffer).

This thread ...