Jim,

You've identified a couple of profiles that sort of break the rules of
standard IBM Profile identification. Normally you can identify IBM
profiles because they were created by user *IBM on System '00000000', or
if they were created by QLPINSTALL and the created on system is the
current system name and the created date/time is roughly equivalent to
the date/time the operating system was loaded.

However, the QFAXMSF and QWEBQRYADM profiles are loaded as a part of the
load of an LPP, which may occur directly after the OS is loaded, or
could happen weeks, months, or years later.

It turns out the best way to programmatically check for IBM profiles is
to keep a table of these profiles and check all profiles on the system
against the table. If something stands out, then follow up on it.
Absent a clear marker in the profile that indicates it was created by
IBM (as Kendall suggested), you really have to put the list together the
list on your own (That's what we did in our product).

jte

--

John Earl, VP and Chief Technology Officer
PowerTech: 253-872-7788

Email is an excellent way to communicate material that is not time
sensitive. If your communication is of a more urgent nature, please
call.

This email message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the intended recipient named above and may contain information that is
privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
received this email message in error, please immediately notify the
sender by replying to this email message or by telephone and delete the
message from your email system. Thank you.