To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:43 AM
Subject: Re: overriding output from telnet

Follow the following scripted actions to possibly assist finding the
text that passes by too quickly to view:

TRCJOB *ON
TELNET ('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx') PORT(25)
;; type in stuff and see error flash by
;; returned to command line I presume...
TRCJOB *OFF
DSPSPLF QPSRVTRCJ SPLNBR(*LAST) /* QPSRVTRC for pre-v5r4 */
;; type RCP in the /Find/ field and press F16=Find
;; repeat F16=Find until message CPI3406 about EOF\wrap find
;; visually scan the eye-catcher data

Regards, Chuck
employer

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have an email address that is telling us it's undeliverable. I have the
auditing set on and I can see this;
83 U <CONTACT.NAME@xxxxxxxxxx>
87 CLNT(UNDELV) TO QTMSINQ

I verified that the email address is correct.

I played around with
http://zmailer.org/cgi-bin/mxverify-cgi?DOMAIN=MyCust.COM

Then I picked one of the IP addresses provided and tried this
TELNET ('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx') PORT(25)

and then did this:
220 *******************************
EHLO fromhere.COM
502 5.5.2 Error: command not recogn
RSET
250 XXXXXXXA
EHLO fromhere.COM
250-something-this.somethingelse-morestuff.net
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 209715200
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN
RSET
250 2.0.0 Ok
MAIL FROM:<me@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
250 2.1.0 Ok
RCPT TO:<contact.name@xxxxxxxxxx>

When I press enter on that last line a message pops up but it whizzes by
so fast I can't make it out. It then shuts down my telnet session.
I am just sure this contact name is right.

Warning: typos are not accepted and cannot be corrected with a back
space. So, it took me a few times to enter this right without any typos.