Don,

We started by trying to run this all into a single member, but the folks
down stream in the conversion were having great difficulty differentiating
the individual documents from the single huge MODCA data stream that I was
handing them. Giving them individual members was the best way to go for
final output accuracy purposes.

Based on suggestions from the list, I think I'm going to tinker with the
application so that it cleans up members as it goes along. If I can spin
that off to a batch queue while it is running, then it might work smoothly
and the CPW used by the clean up won't collide with the actual extract
processing.

Rich Loeber
Kisco Information Systems
http://www.kisco.com

Don wrote:

Rich,

I'd be interested to see why the application needs that many MEMBERS in the
file...perhaps some redesign could put that into one file and make life
easier... I recall an application years ago that did a lot of member useage
that was a royal pig...we redesigned it to use a single file and performance
was nicer...but that was a LONG time ago...

As for the file deletion, not understanding a lot of your other parameters
there, and presuming that you need to run this procedure a lot, why not
stick the file in QTEMP??? That would allow not only multiple concurrent
runs, but would take care of any object coexistence conflict
issues...wouldn't address the time duration issues though...

Eh, just some random thoughts...