sounds like it's gonna suck when our lease runs out next year. we have a
3rd party package (actually from the corporate company we're a dealer)
that's all OPM COBOL from the 1960's...and there's still some old S/36
s/38 stuff and everything i'm writing in house is ILE...oh well...there
goes my profit sharing....

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/13/2008 03:10 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: WDSC Is Out, Rational Developer for System i Is In

Eric Lehti wrote:
Comments, anyone?

If you'd like a little more comprehensive overview from someone who was
actually at the pre-announcement meeting, you can read my article here:
http://www.mcpressonline.com/general/ad-repackaging-in-v6r1.html.

It goes into much more detail, especially concerning things like
minimums and entitlements, hopefully giving current clients a way to
start planning for what's coming.

Interestingly, I notice IT Jungle finally sort of acknowledged EGL. I
can't overemphasize the position EGL has now within IBM, especially the
Rational group. IBM has two System i tool suites: RDi which replaces
PDM/SEU and RDi-SOA which is basically RDi plus EGL. That should tell
you just how important EGL is for the future. I've got about six
articles at MC Press and several at IBM Systems Magazine on EGL.

Joe