From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:01 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LTO1 Tape Drive and tapes

Good morning everyone,

We will be getting an IBM 3581 LTO1 tape drive next week.

We have a quote of $31.70 per tape (packs of 20) from IBM (100GB ULTRIUM
TAPE 20-PAK).

For the cleaning tape we have ULTRIUM CLEANING CARTR. 5- Pak at $65.00
each, quoted.

I need 40 tapes, 4 sets of 7 (daily backups) and then 1 for each month,
plus a couple of spares.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the 'brand' of tape that will work
best? Or, doesn't it matter?

Also, is this tape drive much faster than our Magstar 3570?