From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Cunningham
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 8:11 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: Exit point for STRSEU

We wrote our own source code checkout/checkin process and tied it into
strseu. We did a crtdupobj of strseu and changed the program our copy of
strseu called with our own. At the end of our code we call the program
that the IBM shipped version of strseu called. This has been working
fine for years but we are looking at going to level 40 of security (on
V5R4) and this process is creating Authority Failure entries in the
Audit Journal. When we replicated strseu and changed the program it
calls the command charged from *SYSTEM state to *USER state and I
believe this is what's causing the AD audit entry. Is there a way to
make our program (a CL) called by our version of STRSEU into a *SYSTEM
state program or is there a better way to tap into the STRSEU command so
our code will run before IBMs code? I looked for a exit point for
strseu and only found the one for user defined line commands.